Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Who's My Valentine?

Ah, Valentine's Day, a day filled with love, romance, chocolate, cards...
But WAIT! WHO'S GOING TO BE MY DATE? This is something that many of us ask ourselves, and for most guys, this often includes trying to have sex. But what if there's more to love?


For me, I believe that God may already have a woman in mind for me to marry, so until it comes to that time (if that ever happens), I will wait and stay abstinent and single. I'm not saying that I'm really giving up (even though I question whether I'll ever be "in love"); I'm just saying that for now, my Valentine's Day date is Jesus. But what do I mean by that?

In John 15: 13, Jesus said to His disciples, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." (NIV) Later on, He demonstrated this sacrificial love by dying on the cross so that we don't have to do it. We don't deserve a second chance, but He now offers it to all who seek it. Because I have a relationship that is filled with God's love, I don't have to worry about being lonely.

So, for those of you who are greatly concerned about finding your mate, just know that God has it all figured out and that HE is in control. I find that we are often like Moses, questioning God about our part in His plan, our future jobs, our future spouse, etc. But if we put our trust and faith in Him, then we will start to see things more clearly.

A song about God's love that I find to be very powerful is called, "One Thing Remains." This worship song from Jesus Culture expresses the length and power that His love has. I'd definitely recommend giving it a good listen for when you want to find a way to express your love to Him.


Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

No comments :

Post a Comment