Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

To Cast My Cares

I recently gave a presentation for my animal physiology class. It wasn't a very good one, and it certainly was not among my greatest achievements, so after class, I had felt rather anxious about the whole thing. When I was talking about this with one of my fellow biology students, she reminded me about it wasn't anything to sneeze at and that I may have done better than what I thought I did. And you know what? She was right. More and more, I am starting to really learn and recognize that thigs happen for a reason and there's always something that I can learn from my mistakes (like learning to make more room for finishing homework). I think this is why God told us not to be so worrisome all the time and let anxiety and corrupted emotions get in the way.


Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes." (Luke 12:22-23 NIV)

Jesus only wanted me to cast my cares and worries upon Him so that in the process, I can grow more in His image and likeness. Even though it's really hard at times (some times more than others), I can still hold onto the faith that He is faithful and will give me the strength I need to pull through the hard times. That hoping things will turn out okay in the end will become a reality. When God was giving Jeremiah a message to give the Jews as they continued living in Babylonia after the Babylonians invaded and laid seize over their land, He reminded the prophet that He was in control: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV) God knows more about us and our future than we could ever fathom. And if we put our faith in Him, then He will guide us into a more abundant, purposeful life that will be worthwhile despite the challenges that come our way.

In order for me to follow Christ's example and bring light into the world, I have to learn to let go of my fears and anxieties, and offer them to God so that He can deal with them and steer me back into the right path. I may have psychological disabilities, but God has made me this way for a reason; and everyday is a day where God is constantly at work in and through His creation. It is His Kingdom that has come, and His will that we (along with God) are working to establish in earth. Never forget that you are loved (because God loves you), that you have meaning (because He has a plan for each and every one of us) and that you don't have to be alone. Thank you and God bless.

No comments :

Post a Comment