Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birthday Update - 2014

Today, I thought I'd update about what's been going on over the past month or so.

I recently finished my third year of university, which is a bit of a relief when you think about things like exams and term projects. Now that I'm done with all of those, I can focus on finding a job for the summer and preparing for my fourth year. Unlike most of my friends who started out in the same year as me, I decided to push graduation aside to 2016 and take lower course loads for the next two years.

Today is also my birthday, and I mostly spent it so far by having walked my sister's dog for nearly 50 minutes and going out for supper with the family. I also decided to take a silly selfie (just 'cause I can...why not?) To those of my friends and family who have given me birthday greetings, whether it was done in person, over the phone or online, thank you; it's been a blessing to hear from you.
This is the selfie to which I am referring.

As I have looked back from when I started university to where I am now, I've come a long way. Mind you, I'm still a little weird (in a good way, as you might be pondering), I still have issues to go through every now and again, but I'm okay with that. Often when I look at my own self-portraits, or portraits of others, I don't really get all nitty gritty about the physical features about a person's face because God has shown me that true beauty lies from within. I think that part of what I'm meant to dos to help show people that they are beautiful and significant in His eyes because they were made by Him.

                  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
                   your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
                                                                                  -Psalm 139: 14

I find that this verse holds a great truth to me now because there have been times where I struggled to see the beauty within myself due to having a disability. God has revealed to me through the Bible studies of which I had been attend that I am loved and that I do have substance, that I have worth. Now, the whole idea of being a child of the King is deeper. If you haven't felt this way, believe me, it is so good.

I know that there are a lot of people who feel like they don't have value and that they don't feel loved. Let me tell you something: you are loved, you have value and you have a purpose. When we understand and accept that God loves us and gives us value and a purpose, we are no longer the same as before; we are changed. If that is what you're looking for, I'd suggest going into prayer and letting God show you your value.

I hope that this is an encouragement to you as you move along with your life. I know that this is encouraging myself as a reminder of my testament. Thanks again for reading.

-Alex

No comments :

Post a Comment